22 October 2010

I'ma No Lika Dat Pill

For those old enough to remember the 1960's and early 1970's, and were of college age or thereabouts, may recall a poster oft displayed in undergraduate female dorms (and de rigueur in coed dorms).  Think of the Uncle Sam Army recruitment poster, with the bearded fellow pointing his pointy finger at you saying, "I want you for the US Army".  Well, this other poster (and I just went and let my fingers do the searching, and didn't come with anything, but I swear I'm not hallucinating; don't listen to that bunny!) showed that skinny Paul VI pointing his pointy finger at you saying, "I'ma no lika dat pill!".

Which brings us to recent news, demonstrating, once again The South Shall Rise Again.  Well, the middle leg is always rising it seems down there.  Stupid people breeding like rabbits.  Call me Eliteist, but when I was young and poor, poor folks knew that the only way for their kids to get out of poverty was to have as few as possible.  Feed, clothe, and *educate* the bejesus out of those few was the cure.  But, stupid people who listen to venal religiosity stay poor and stupid.  They buy guns, teach creationism, breed, and stay poor and stupid.  I guess they think that Christine O'Donnell is qualified to be a Senator just because she's just as stupid as they are.  They wouldn't take their busted up car to an idiot mechanic for fixing, but they'll vote for idiots.

No comments: