22 April 2013

Kids Say The Darndest Things

Turns out, I'm not the only blatherer addicted to quotes; both prophetic and profane.

This first is found on the R-blogger page.

While this is the first's inspiration.

I think it safe to say that both are willing to cast a jaundiced eye at econometrics in the field. Early on in my professional existence, I concluded that the econometrician's fundamental problem is that their data, by and large, is acquired through begging and borrowing. While I have issues with psychometrics, at least some part of the field generates its own data. To paraphrase Bill Parcells, "If they say you have to make the meal, at least have the authority to buy the groceries."

Neither has the chutzpah to put quotes as the introduction to the site, but someone has to blaze the new trial.

No comments: