24 February 2011

The Land of Stupid People

I think I've mentioned Phil, I fellow I worked with many years ago, during one of my tours of duty through Boston.  We worked in Lexington, a very nice suburb of Boston.  Phil's house was in Brockton, the only town he could afford at the time he bought.  It was quite some commute.  On really bad days in the office, Phil would say "time to go back to the Land of Stupid People".  Brockton was, and is, a whole city that's mostly inner city. 

The problem is:  the entire USofA (the Red and Purple parts, at least) has become Stupid People.  "Mother Jones" has an article detailing the depth of the stupidity.  The article's been excerpted here.  You owe it to yourself to read both the excerpt and the entire article.

As an ongoing theme of this endeavor, that Americans really are too stupid to make rational decisions, is blind stupidity.  Alas, the Right Wingnuts have found numerous memes to flummox the stupid.  Democrats need to work on finding a few.  I've offered, but they aren't interested.  Oh well.

No comments: