26 September 2026

TAM - part the sixth

This is starting to feel like shooting ducks in a barrel. (I wonder whether the kiddies even know that sentence???) Yet more reporting on AI, but from a distinct perspective: ok vendors, you've gulped from the AI punch bowl to make a cheaper (may be?) and/or better product. God damn it, give me a lower price!!! I don't give a shit about your market share, only my wallet's share.

Now that AI is firmly entrenched in the business of killing off every last God damned white collar worker on the planet, let's have us some Shakespeare.
The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.
Well... apparently not first, but they were the first to suck Ayatollah 49% Don©'s dick, as you may recall.

First, of course, the ambulance chasers boast about embracing AI
Outsiders often cite law as an industry under threat from artificial intelligence. But the nation's biggest firms are eager to show off how they've embraced the technology.

After OpenAI announced a version of its latest A.I. model for lawyers last week, for example, a handful of top-tier firms proudly unveiled new tools.
Then, they get hoisted on their own petard; karma's a bitch
Some clients are using A.I. to make their argument for A.I. markdowns. Jennifer Leonard, the founder of Creative Lawyers, which advises law firms and corporate legal departments on adapting to A.I., said some law firms and their clients used A.I. agents to spot line items in bills where A.I. could have saved hours. "They literally have struck that out, and say, 'I want a discount on this, we don't want to pay for this part of the work anymore,'" she said. "Or, 'We know you have this new A.I. tool in house because we saw your splashy press release.'"
How will they pay for that summer house in the Hamptons???

No comments: